Wave is hiring an Accountant.
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling over 683k payments per day and growing fast in newer markets. We’re now processing over 200k payments every month. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Accountant who’s resourceful, organized and proactive about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for helping developing and maintaining an effective financial and accounting unit as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role , you’ll
- Book accounting entries
- Provide financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Handle financial closing tasks under Assistant Controller’s supervision
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with financial, legal and regulatory requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising on needed actions.
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Lead by living Wave’s values, and ensure they’re deeply engrained within your team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance or tax
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting/auditing/finance
- Strong experience with financial reporting requirements
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluent in English – this role will interact regularly with non-French/Wolof speakers.
- Speak both French and Wolof fluently.
- Good computer skills especially in Word and Excel
Bonus if you
- Have experience in a multi-entity reporting environment
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Dakar and may travel to field locations.
- Work authorization in Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
You might be a good fit if you
- Possess strong accounting and reporting skills.
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a critical thinker that likes to challenge status quo.
- Are deadline-orientated.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Love owning projects – you are autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Know how to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, while managing time factor.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
Closing date : 15 July 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien